Ambien / Stilnox (Zolpidem Tartrate)
Ambien is associated with a family of medicines named sedatives or hypnotics. It is a sedative-hypnotic medicine that comes with some characteristics of benzodiazepines. This is a sleeping pill which also brings muscle relaxant and anti-seizure effects. It comes in two forms: pills and sprays. Ambien is used only for adults and it provides short term effects. This is not prescribed for children.
Ambien is prescribed for what?
This medicine is considered as the best treatment option for a sleep problem called insomnia. Ambien pills are prescribed for short term management of insomnia to those who feel difficulty in falling asleep. Long term treatment of Ambien is recommended to those people who find difficulty in falling asleep or staying asleep.
This medication improves the sleeping pattern and quality. This medication helps a person to fall asleep quickly. Many people experience quick awaking due to insomnia. Ambien helps you to stay asleep for long. You can enjoy an uninterrupted and quality sleep with Ambien.
What are the recommended dosages of Ambien?
The dose of this sleeping pill depends on the medical history, age, gender and medications one is using continuously. The standard dose of Ambien for adults is 10 mg in a day. If you are using spray or extended-release tablets, 12.5 mg dose is prescribed by the doctors. For older adults, the recommended dose of Ambien is 5 mg for conventional tablets or 6.25 mg for extended-release tablets.
Things you should know about Ambien
Ambien is a strong sleeping pill that may cause some side effects in case of improper treatment or overdose. Never adjust the dose without any prescription of doctors. If you have allergy with benzodiazepines discuss it with your health experts. Keep it away from the pregnant ladies. You must take it only when you have 7-8 hours to sleep. You may take it with or without meal as directed by your physician. Never stop the use of Ambien suddenly. If you want to leave it, discuss with doctor.
This effective sleeping drug is available online at competitive prices. You need not to show any prescription to buy this medicine.
Ambien (Zolpidem) is prescribed for treatment of insomnia caused by psychological traumas, affections of the central nervous system, change of time zone, overeating and excessive physical and emotional fatigue.
Also, the drug may be used as an additional remedy during spasms, anxiety and panic attacks.
Way of use and dosage
Ambien (Zolpidem) is prescribed for short-term use. Usually, the course of the treatment and prophylaxis of insomnia does not increase 7-10 days. Oftentimes, the weekly course of the treatment helps to completely restore the healthy sleep and the central nervous system function
- The initial dose of Ambien (Zolpidem) for treatment of insomnia is 5 mg. The tablet should be taken about 30 minutes before going to bed.
- The maximum single dose is 10 mg and it is prescribed for severe forms of insomnia accompanied by acute affections of the central nervous system.
- After the drug use the therapeutic effect occurs within 30-60 minutes, and therefore it is highly recommended to take the drug directly before sleep.
Recommendations for the use
- Do not start the treatment from the maximum dose. As is known from the results of the clinical studies this drug may cause addiction. In order to avoid side effects it is better to take 5 mg a day.
- Using other sedative or relaxing drugs with Ambien (Zolpidem) it is necessary to adjust the daily dose of both drugs.
- Do not take Ambien (Zolpidem) if you are younger than 14 years old and older than 60 years old, in case of the mental disorders, renal failure, and also severe respiratory failure.
- Cancelling the therapy the dose should be reduced gradually. The probability of the addiction development is increased during prolonged use of the drug.
- During the treatment the consumption of alcohol must be avoided.
- During the treatment it is necessary to refrain from potentially dangerous activities that require concentration, attention and high psychomotor speed.
Following the dosage regimen the intensity of the side effects is weak. The most common side effects for Ambien (Zolpidem) are sluggishness, fast fatigability, dizziness, disorder of equilibrium, muscle weakness, and daily sleepiness.
The side effects pass with the end of the drug use and the medical intervention is not necessary during their appearance.
*Materials which are provided in this article have an informative character and are not a direction for the obligatory use. The administration of this Internet site only provides information which should be known for the safe use of the medical products and are not responsible for the consequences of the incorrect use of strong medical products.
©24hrspharma - 2018